Northumberland Electric is seeking Red Seal Construction Electrician to join one of our crews at an industrial facility in the Waterville, NS area. Applicants must hold a valid Red Seal Certification.
Duties may include and are not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings, codes, and specifications.
- Quantity take-offs of small jobs.
- Overseeing day-to-day operations on site.
- Safely operating hand and power tools.
- Bending and installing EMT, rigid, flexible, and non-metallic conduits and associated hardware.
- Running and terminating conductors.
- Competently performing necessary tests on electrical equipment and interpreting related information.
- Moving and installing electrical equipment including but not limited to,
- Distribution panels
- Lighting equipment
- Motor controls
- Electrical devices
The successful applicants will have:
- A strong sense of pride in their work.
- A strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn and take direction.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- A reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Personal set of hand tools and CSA footwear.
- Proficient with the use of technology.
The following will be considered assets:
- Experience bending and installing rigid and EMT conduit.
- Experience installing data cabling and associated equipment.
- Valid aerial work platform training.
- Valid fall arrest training.
- Valid first aid training.
- Ability to work possible overtime and shift work if required.
Since 1994 Northumberland Electric has worked with some of Nova Scotia’s largest companies. During this time, we have built a reputation for high-quality workmanship and service. We are a full-service electrical contractor specializing in industrial installations, control/automation equipment manufacturing, and service.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package including a Retirement Savings Matching Program.Apply Now