Halifax, Nova Scotia
- $75,000-85,000 base salary
- Company vehicle
- Health & dental insurance
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness allowance
- Paid vacation
Northumberland Electric is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and self-starting Electrical Estimator to fill a full-time position at our headquarters in Halifax, Nova Scotia with the possibility of working remotely when scheduling allows.
The Electrical Estimator will meet with clients or clients’ representatives, perform quantity takeoffs and estimates from either information obtained onsite or from engineered drawings, and complete the bid proposal and submittal process. The Estimator will aid the Purchaser in obtaining material/equipment quotes from suppliers when required. The Estimator will support field and office staff with planning and scheduling successfully bid projects and may be required to help provide crew supervision on smaller projects.
A valid Red Seal Construction or Industrial Electrician certificate will be considered an asset. Experience in performing job take-offs, bidding, and closing job estimates is a requirement. A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and experience with estimating software packages is required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers, manufacturers, engineers, other trades, and coworkers.
- Actively seek out new clients and projects – informing potential and existing clients of our products, services, and capabilities.
- Coordinate and attend site visits/bid meetings with clients as requested.
- Obtain required information from clients and clients’ representatives regarding scope, specifications, and design.
- Perform all tasks related to bidding on projects including, but not limited to:
- Interpreting scopes of work, drawings, and specifications.
- Performing quantity takeoffs.
- Estimating labour requirements for projects.
- Completing project proposals and bid submissions.
- Assisting management in scheduling work to be completed.
- Updating bid databases and monitoring bid win/loss data.
This position will be filled by an individual with an in-depth knowledge of commercial and industrial electrical installations. The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is capable of prioritizing and executing tasks at their own discretion in addition to the following.
- 5+ years of experience as an electrical estimator or extensive hands-on experience working on commercial and industrial electrical projects.
- Strong sales, marketing, and networking skills.
- A thorough understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code and other industry standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and computer-based estimation software.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Northumberland Electric:
Since 1994 Northumberland Electric has worked with some of Nova Scotia’s largest companies. During this time, we have built a reputation for high-quality workmanship and service. We are a full-service electrical contractor specializing in industrial installations, control/automation equipment manufacturing, and service,Apply Now